Setting up your E-mail Account in Microsoft Outlook 2010
This tutorial shows you how to set up Microsoft Outlook 2010 to work with your e-mail account. This tutorial focuses on setting up Microsoft Outlook 2010, but these settings are similar in other versions of Microsoft Outlook. You can set up previous versions of Microsoft Outlook 2010 by using the settings in this tutorial.
To Set Up Your E-mail Account in Microsoft Outlook 2010
1. Start the Outlook 2010 application.
2. Click File ‣ Info ‣ Account Settings ‣ Account Settings…. The Account Settings window appears.
3. Click the E-mail tab. The list of mail accounts appears.
4. Click the New… button. The Add New Account wizard appears.
5. Click to select Manually configure server settings or additional server settings or additional server types.
6. Click the Next button.
7. Click to select Internet E-mail.
8. Click on the Next button.
9. In the Your Name field, enter your name as you’d like it to appear to recipients.
10. In the E-mail Address field, enter your email address.
11. In the Account Type field, click to select POP.
12. In the Incoming mail server field, enter mail.yourdomain.com.
13. In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) field, enter mail.yourdomain.com.
14. In the User Name field, enter your email address.
15. In the Password field, enter your password.
16. Click the More Settings… button. The Internet E-Mail Settings window appears.
17. Click the Outgoing Server tab.
18. Click to select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
19. Click to select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
20. Click the Advanced tab.
21. In the Incoming server (POP) field, enter 110.
22. Under Incoming server (POP), in the Use the following type of encrypted connection menu, click to select NONE.
23. In the Outgoing server (SMTP) field, enter 26.
24. Under Outgoing server (SMTP), in the Use the following type of encrypted connection menu, click to select NONE.
25. Click the OK button.
26. Click the Next button.
27. Click the Finish button.
28. Click the Close button.
29. Click the OK button.
The account is added to Outlook.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter!
Join us to stay updated with our latest blog updates, marketing tips, service tips, trends, news and announcements!