Setting up your E-mail Account in Microsoft Outlook Express
This tutorial shows you how to set up Microsoft Outlook Express 6 to work with your e-mail account. This tutorial focuses on setting up Microsoft Outlook Express 6, but these settings are similar in other versions of Microsoft Outlook Express®. You can set up previous versions of Microsoft Outlook Express by using the settings in this tutorial.
To Set Up Your E-mail Account in Microsoft Outlook Express
1. In Microsoft Outlook Express, from the Tools menu, select Accounts.
2. Go to the Mail tab and from the Add menu, select Mail.
3. In the Display Name field, enter you full name and click Next.
4. In the E-mail address field, enter your email address and click Next.
5. On the E-mail Server Names page, complete your information as follows:
My incoming mail server is a
Incoming mail (POP3, or HTTP) server
Outgoing mail (SMTP) server
NOTE: "smtp.yourdomain.com" is an SMTP relay server. In order to use this server to send e-mails, you must first activate SMTP relay on your e-mail account. Log on to your Manage Email Accounts page to set up SMTP relay. If you do not have SMTP relay set up and your Internet Service Provider (ISP) allows it, you can use the outgoing mail server for your Internet Service Provider. Contact your Internet Service Provider to get this setting.
6. In the Account Name and Password fields, enter your email address and password, and then click Next.
7. On the setup confirmation page, click Finish.
8. On the Mail tab, select the account you just created, and then click Properties.
9. Go to the Servers tab.
10. Select My server requires authentication, and then click Apply.
11. Go to the Advanced tab.
12. In the Server Port Numbers section, change Outgoing mail (SMTP) to 25, and then click OK.
13. (Optional) If you want to keep a copy of email messages stored on your email provider's servers, in the Delivery section, select Leave a copy of messages on server.
Your Outlook Express account is now set up. Click Close to close the Internet Accounts window and return to your Outlook Express.
NOTE: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. Outlook Express® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.
It has come to our attention that some unscrupulous organisation or persons are using the name of Skynet Technologies and making fraudulent recruitment offers and soliciting job applications. These offers are being made via email, Facebook, WhatsApp and phone calls. The offers require the job seekers / applicants to pay fees and/or deposit funds into bank accounts.
If any person receives any such unsolicited recruitment or job offer in our name, we strongly advise that you do not respond.
Under no circumstances will Skynet Technologies ever send unsolicited job offers via email, social media or phone call; we do not request any kind of payment for recruitment offers or employment; and we have not authorised anyone to either collect money on our behalf or arrive at any monetary arrangement in return for employment.
We have reported the scam to the Victorian Police and the Ohio state police and are taking the appropriate legal action against these fraudulent operators. However, please be advised that Skynet Technologies shall not in any way be held responsible or liable for any loss that may be incurred through dealings with these fraudulent operators, who are in no way affiliated with Skynet Technologies.