Virtual Hosting Server
Skynet Technologies is now providing Virtual Private Servers with Virtuozzo technology.
Virtuozzo creates multiple isolated Virtual Private Servers (VPSs) on a single physical server. Each VPS performs and executes exactly like a stand-alone server for its users and applications as it can be rebooted independently and has its own root access, users, IP addresses, memory, processes, files, applications, system libraries and configuration files.
Why have a Virtual Private Server?
VPS hosting sits comfortably between the low cost of shared hosting and the relatively expensive cost of physical dedicated servers. A VPS will allow you to have full root access to the operating system, thus allowing you to have a truly customized environment for your website / server needs.
Some applications for a VPS
Run a single or multiple websites
- You will be able to run as many websites as you wish to on your VPS, limited only by the resources available in your VPS plan.
Become a virtual hosting provider
- You can use a popular control panel, like Plesk or Direct Admin to start your own hosting company. A virtual private server allows you to install the control panel of your choice.
Dedicated Mail/DNS Server
- Do you run a web hosting business or run a lot of domains? With a VPS root server you can set up a secondary DNS server or a secondary MX mail queuing server. The relative cost compared to renting another dedicated server is very affordable and you will be able to give your clients further piece of mind knowing that the mail will be taken care of should the primary go down.
Each VPS performs and executes exactly like a stand-alone server for its users and applications as it can be rebooted independently and has its own root access, users, IP addresses, memory, processes, files, applications, system libraries and configuration files.
VPS Servers perform just like stand-alone servers
- Each VPS has its own processes, users, files and provides full root access.
- Each VPS can have its own IP addresses, port numbers, tables, filtering and routing rules.
- Each VPS can have its own system configuration files and can house an application.
- Each VPS can have its own versions of system libraries or modify existing ones.