Desktop Antivirus Solutions
In a world that depends on Information Technology, securing information makes sound business sense.
At Skynet Technologies, we strongly believe that we offer a superior product, but our success does not stem from quality products alone. Skynet Technologies places a strong value on its strategic partnerships and long-term relationships with its customers and its own employees.
At Skynet Technologies, we are dedicated to providing our customers with a Complete Data Security Solution with the most outstanding price performance in the industry. We are continuously updating our products and offer an annual support and update service.
Skynet Technologies recommends Kaspersky Antivirus and Symantec Antivirus Desktop Solutions..
Kaspersky Antivirus for Desktops
Kaspersky® Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations provides centralized protection of all workstations on a corporate network and pushes protection beyond the office network to reach remote and laptop users. The solution provides comprehensive protection from all types of contemporary cyber threats, including viruses, spyware, hacker attacks and spam.
All incoming and outgoing files and data streams on workstations are scanned for malicious content, including email, Internet traffic and network communication. The application is compatible with all popular Microsoft platforms (including x64 versions).
Functions & System Requirements
Proactive technologies: The proactive components in the product deliver protection from threats that have not yet been catalogued in signature databases. All processes launched in the system are analyzed to warn users of possible threats, roll back unwanted changes and restore damaged data.
Security for file systems: Files are scanned for malicious content the moment they are created, launched or changed.
Secure communication via email: Email traffic is scanned at the level of the data transfer protocol (that is POP3, IMAP, MAPI and NNTP for incoming traffic and SMTP for outgoing traffic, as well as SSL connections). The application is compatible with most common mail programs.
Safety online: SafeStream enables the program to scan HTTP traffic in real time, using a signature database that is pared down to include only the most dangerous threats to Internet users at the time of scanning.
Protection from hacker attacks: A new generation firewall together with IDS and IPS systems and predefined rules for more than 250 of the most commonly used applications, safeguard users working on any type of network, including Wi-Fi networks.
Protection from phishing and spam attacks: The program identifies and disables links to phishing sites in Internet browser and rebuffs emails from phishes. Filtration based on formal attributes and a self-training Bayes algorithm ensures high-quality spam prevention.
Intelligent technologies: The first time on-demand scanning is launched all objects are automatically scanned. However, for subsequent scans iSwift and iChecker technologies limit scanning to new and modified files only.
Resource management: During periods of increased user activity, the antivirus solution switches to background mode to reduce its demand on system resources, so that they can be used by more high-priority applications.
Compact updates: Smaller updates than ever before are achieved thanks to new technologies for incremental updating. On average, updates are only several tens of kilobytes in size.
Centralized administration: Installing the solution on workstations, configuring protection parameters, managing updates to signature databases and program modules and responding effectively to potentially threatening events – all these as well as other administrative tasks can be carried out centrally and remotely using Kaspersky Administration Kit.
Choice of installation methods: Any method for centralized software installation can be used, as long as it supports distributives in the MSI format (including via Active Directory).
Configuration options: The administrator can use the security policies and tasks in the program to configure protection parameters for groups of workstations or for individual workstations, receive notifications of events on the network, install license keys, etc.
Notifications: The system administrator receives notifications of certain types of events (such as the detection of a virus). Duplicate copies of notifications can be sent via email and NetSend.
Graphic reports: Reports provide information about the status of antivirus protection and the program's operation over specific time periods. There are different types of reports, which can be customized to contain the required level of detail.
Automatic updating: Updates to antivirus databases and program modules are available on demand or automatically according to a schedule. Updates can either be downloaded directly from Kaspersky Lab servers on the Internet or from local servers on the network.
- 50 MB available HDD space
- CD-ROM drive (for installing the program from CD)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher (for updating threat signatures and application modules over the Internet)
- Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0
- Microsoft Windows 98(SE), Microsoft Windows ME and Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 (Service Pack 6a):
- Intel Pentium processor 300 MHz or higher (or a compatible CPU)
- 64 MB available RAM
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (Service Pack 4 or higher), Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 1 or higher) and Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition:
- Intel Pentium processor 300 MHz or higher (or a compatible CPU)
- 128 MB available RAM
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows Vista x64, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 7 x64, Microsoft Windows 8 and Microsoft Windows 8 x64:
- Intel Pentium processor 800 MHz 32-bit (x86)/ 64-bit (x64) or higher (or a compatible CPU)
- 512 MB available RAM
Symantec Norton Antivirus
Symantec™ Norton Antivirus is the world's most trusted antivirus solution now with expanded detection of both known and emerging threats. Norton AntiVirus detects and removes viruses, worms, and Trojan horses automatically without interrupting your work. It works in the background 24 hours a day to protect email messages, instant message attachments, Internet downloads and other files. Now it can also detect viruses in compressed file archives before you open them, reducing the risk of infecting your computer.
Symantec™ exclusive LiveUpdate technology automatically checks for new virus protection updates on a regular schedule to keep the program up to date against the latest threats. It now even alerts you when your virus protection is getting outdated. Norton Antivirus also defends your PC against emerging threats. Script Blocking intercepts fast-moving script-based viruses such as ILoveYou and Anna Kournikova and Worm Blocking stops worms from using your outgoing email messages to infect other computers. The expanded threat detection in Norton Antivirus alerts you to the presence of spyware, keystroke loggers and similar programs that can steal personal information and leave your PC vulnerable to other attacks. Stop viruses and protect your PC with award-winning Norton Antivirus. Small Office Packs for 5 or 10 users are also available.
- Stops viruses, worms, spyware, bots, and more: Keeps your system protected against all types of malicious threats.
- Norton Insight: Delivers innovative intelligence-driven technology for faster, fewer and shorter scans.
- Rapid pulse updates every 5 to 15 minutes: Provides up-to-the-minute protection.
- Prevents virus-infected emails and instant messages from spreading: Feel secure while you keep in touch.
- Blocks browser exploits and protects against infected Web sites: Surf the Internet with confidence.
Microsoft® Windows Vista® Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate*
Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 2; Home/Professional/ Media Center Edition
Microsoft® Windows 7***, Microsoft® Windows 8***
- 300 MHz or faster processor
- 256 MB of RAM (**512 MB RAM required for the Recovery Tool)
- 150 MB of available hard disk space.
Email scanning supported for POP3 and SMTP compatible email clients.
Required for all installations:
CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)
Support for AntiSpam feature
- Microsoft Outlook® 97 or later
- Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0 or later
Browser support for Browser Protection feature
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 32-bit 6.0 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox® 2.0 or higher
* Must meet minimum Windows Vista operating system requirements.
** Tested on AMD 1600+ CPU based PC with Windows XP Service Pack 2 and without security software previously installed.
*** Must meet minimum Windows 7 operating system requirements